Tēnā koutou e te whānau, he mihi māhana tēnei ki a koutou.
These are simple activities that will support your child's learning no matter what. By routinely repeating these over and over again these key learning focuses will help embed the vital skills that will seriously assist your child's academic progress.
If by any chance we have to go into lockdown or Alert Level 3 we will have daily Mon - Fri, during term time Google Meet get together's with students from 11am for 1 hour that can be accessed for Akomanga Harakeke with Whaea Natasha at https://meet.google.com/jbs-hjuf-swu - just click the link or use via any device available to you including smart phones on the Google Meet app.
· Read and sing through the Māori alphabet below until your child has instant recognition of all letters.
· Read and sing through the Māori consonant-vowel blend chart below. Your child needs this skill to sound out words when reading and writing.
· Help your child to learn how to write their name, for obvious reasons but also they need to be able to do this for some of their log on's.
· Watch Te Waiata Pū below and set aside some time to practice letter writing .
· Collect items from nature and make sets of numbers 1 to 10. Make some number cards and match the number to each set.
· Read, read and read some more, preferably pukapuka Māori!
· Kori tīnana - If you can, get lots of fresh air and some exercise whenever you can.
Ngā Rauemi - Pānui:
He Waiata Arapū - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5KRLNY5PKb7tm3gZXi05CaF7Udmk3_o/view
Te Waiata Pū - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRrJ0vQWS4A&t=34s
He Waiata Kuoro - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vnqzxx0-tVrUpqHJEevPueV7lnCG2udk/view
Ngā Rauemi - Pāngarau
He Waiata ki te Tekau - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbN2xAkpdsw
He Waiata ki te Rua Tekau - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fghNQywwp_s
He Kēmu Pāngarau, Tāpiri - https://www.starfall.com/h/addsub/addsub-ladder/?sn=math1--math0
He Kēmu Pāngarau, Whakaraupapa - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering